If you’re taking inspiration from the east when it comes to your ensemble, Mandarin collars are your best bet. Here are 5 things to keep in mind when you wear Mandarin collars.
1. Let the Mandarin collar be the focus of your ensemble. Instead of incorporating several elements that clash with each other, opt for a minimalistic look.
2. Pair a Mandarin-collared shirt with just about anything—from shorts to jeans, chinos and even formal tapered trousers.
3. If you don’t want to wear just a Mandarin-collared shirt, layer it with a Mandarin Collared Jacket
4. Keep your accessories to the bare minimum. A textured belt, simple shoes and maybe a pocket square are all you need to uplift your look.
5. If you want to keep your outfit cool and relaxed, cuff your sleeves and add a hat or a pair of sunglasses to your ensemble.
Subtle yet distinctive, the mandarin collar will help add a point of difference to any man’s current shirting collection – yet, more importantly, is very much of-the-moment.