Hey peeps! Got a photo shoot or a dream interview to nail with your hair flying all over the place? Take a breath of respite as help is at hand with a plethora of hair serums to fight hair woes. Whatever it is that you are battling, frizz, dry or damaged hair, there is a germane hair serum to walk you on your way to happy, healthy hair that is picture perfect smooth and silky. Sounds too good to be true? Well, that really isn’t the case once you find yourself the perfect concoction of ingredients that suit and cater to your hair goals. Intrigued? Read on to find yourself the perfect hair serum that will ensure a good hair day every day!
Top 13 hair serums to keep your hair game on fleek:
If you are looking for paraben free hair products to combat frizzy and dry hair, the Toni & Guy Glamour Serum Drops will prove to be your bosom buddy. The perfect way to flaunt salon treated hair is just 2-3 drops of this magic potion away.
- One stop solution for taming frizzy hair
- Comes in an easy to use pump dispenser bottle
- Works best for straight hair
- Gives a salon like finish
- Alluring fragrance
- Paraben free product
- Priced at Rs 1385 for a 30 ml bottle some may call it over priced, however we believe it is totally worth the price.
- Glass packaging which may be prone to breakage
Split ends are truly any girl’s major tress stress issue, the Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser which claims to prevent split ends and rejuvenate, as well as revive damaged hair could be your genie in a bottle!
- Practical & aesthetic packaging with a pump dispenser
- A few drops of the product suffice to achieve the desired effect
- Appealing fruity fragrance
- Effective 24 hour frizz control
- Doesn’t weigh your hair down or make it greasy so that you can keep hustling all day long!
- Renders a shiny finish to your mane and prevents split ends
- Doesn’t fix existing split ends
If damaged, moisture depleted tresses are ranking high on your stress list, you can strike that off your list with this amazing product that enriches hair using vitamin B5 for improving moisture balance, as well as controlling split ends.
- Renders a softer feel to your hair
- Instantly revives and rejuvenates dull and damaged hair
- Helps in detangling
- Intensively repairs damaged hair
- Results in more manageable, tangle free hair
- Say hello to shinier and glossy hair!
- Priced a bit steeply at Rs 2,399 for a 3.4 ounce bottle
- Strong fragrance that may not appeal to some
This one literally works miracles for those who have thin, dry hair. The lovely floral scent and the organic formulation that doesn’t weigh your hair down are the icing on the cake.
- Super soft, silky hair
- Happier, healthier bouncy tresses
- A little goes a long way
- Doesn’t cause any hair fall or product build up
- Affordable pricing
- Prevents flyaways and frizziness
- None really! Go for it without an second thoughts.
If you are a college-goer or a hustler looking for inexpensive hair serums to tame that frizz and dry hair strands the Matrix Biolage Deep Smoothing Serum could be something you may wanna consider.
- Nourishing and moisturizing formulation
- Inexpensive one-stop solution to countering dry and frizzy hair
- Works with curly hair
- Lightweight product made primarily with grapeseed and avocado oil
- Frequent re-application required during the day, as its effects wear off after some time
- May weigh down your hair if applied in excess
If you have thin hair that is oily at the roots and dry towards the ends, you may wanna try the Streax Hair Serum with Walnut Oil. However refrain from over application as it may weigh your hair down, and you wouldn’t want that!
- Enriched with walnut oil that works well for dry hair
- Can be used on dry as well as freshly shampooed hair for a shiny appearance that stays
- Inexpensive product
- Only pea sized amount required for covering mid length hair
- Renders a soft and shiny appearance to hair strands a claimed
An odour which may not agree with some
Argan oil has been known t work wonders for dry, damaged hair, and this herbal formulation is enriched with the goodness of the “liquid gold”.
- Works well for chemically treated hair
- Herbal formulation
- Renders a silky and shiny appearance to tresses
- Improves hair texture
- Prevents heat damage caused by styling
- Overuse may result in product build up
- Hair may appear greasy and deliver a weighed down appearance
This baby comes packed with anti-fungal and anti-dandruff herbal ingredients that promise to restore shine to each and every strand! Sounds too tall a claim to make? Well not really, feel free to give it a try.
- Herbal formulation enriched with hibiscus oil, flaxseed oil and water lily extracts
- Possesses anti-fungal and anti-dandruff properties
- Travel friendly packaging
- Nourishes hair
- Helps in manageable detangling
- Renders a silky, shiny appearance to your tresses
- Has a slightly weird odour
A dense, unruly mane requires the loving care rendered by the L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Serum. A coin sized application of the product results in instantaneously noticeable shiny and smooth hair strands.
- Good for taming frizzy hair
- Practical and inexpensive solution for people with unmanageable, dry hair
- Enticing floral fragrance
- Can be used on a daily basis
- Non sticky
- May lead to product build up
Hairstyling using straighteners and curlers has become the need of the day; however it is usually your hair strands that ultimately take the brunt of it. Switch to the Habib’s Aesthetics Hair Serum which is especially formulated for dry, curly and chemically treated hair.
- Just a little amount is required
- Controls frizziness
- Prevents heat damage
- Helps in detangling
- Not tested on animals (kind, we say!)
- Doesn’t seal existing split ends
- Can weigh your hair down
If you are someone who is battling frizz on a curly hair type the TIGI Bed Frizz and Straightener Head Control Freak Serum is worth a try.
- Fights humidity
- Acts as a thermal protectant
- Doesn’t weigh hair down
- Aesthetic and quirky packaging
- Smells super fragrant
- Makes hair crunchy
- Doesn’t add shine
One cannot elude the daily sun exposure; however one can protect one’s hair from the damaging effects of UV rays with the Schwarzkopf Professional BC Peptide Repair Rescue Nutri-Shield Serum.
- Improves manageability
- Prevents external damage during and after styling
- Protects hair against UV rays
- Facilitates blow drying
- Seals the strand surface making it soft & silky to touch
Cons: Not really!
This one is for the alpha males on the house who like to stay well-groomed. A quality product from the house of Beardo, it comes enriched with the goodness of argan oil and almond oil.
- Apt consistency for easy application
- Travel friendly packaging
- Renders a short-lived shine to the hair
- Enriched with the goodness of argan oil and almond oil
- Good for daily styling of hair and beard
- Quite oily
- Strong fragrance
Well, that was a pretty extensive list on the hot selling hair care products in the market. Making an informed buy is ultimately what matters to the consumers, and if it’s important to you, it’s important to us! Here are a couple of FAQ’s to sort out any queries which you may have regarding the use of hair serums.
Q1. Does hair serum prevent hair fall?
Ah! This is one knocker of a question that may have baffled all those looking towards investing in a good hair care product. Well, the answer is yes! However the efficacy varies from brand to brand.
Q2. Can I use hair serum daily?
Trichologists usually do not recommend using hairy serums on a daily basis. You can use them post shampooing your hair or on occasions, however if your hair is excessively frizzy you can use an oil based serum from a reputed brand.
Q3. Does serum straighten hair?
Well, that one is a debatable question; you can try certain serums that specifically claim to straighten out hair.
Q4. Is serum harmful for hair?
Hair serums breathe life and shine into dry, frizzy hair, however it is best to steer clear of the silicone based formulations that may harm your hair in the long run.
That’s a wrap folks! Stay tuned for more grub on all things hair and don’t forget to send a shoutout in the comments section.