Between paisley and colourful flower prints, flowy dresses and wide-brimmed hats, the bohemian chic style and 70s’ fashion trend are all the rage this season.
Follow this guide to rock the boho-chic style and shop the wardrobe essentials.
1. Maxi Skirts: When building a boho chic wardrobe, maxi skirts are a staple. They are comfortable and effortless, and can showcase a variety of colourful, bold prints.
2. Swing Dresses: Go for swing dresses and tunics instead of tight, bandage dresses or cutout shapes. Again, have fun with prints and bold hues, but avoid neon colours.
3. Maxi Dresses: Boho chic maxi dresses can come in solid colours but they are usually printed. Opt for looser flowy cuts over tight, form fitting maxis.
4. Boots and Booties: A nice pair of knee high boots to pair with skirts and dresses, and a pair of ankle booties are both must haves in your boho chic wardrobe. Comfortable and versatile, you can wear them to create day and evening looks. Go for chunky heels over stilettos and favour tan/brown/beige/grey boots over black.
5. Kimonos: Flowy and airy, kimonos make a great addition to your boho chic wardrobe. Pair them with shorts and gladiator sandals in the summer.
6. Statement jewellery: Jewellery can be bold and chunky, and feel free to stack.
7. Floppy Hats: Floppy hats are the perfect accessory to give your outfit a gipsy flair. Sometimes a hat is all it takes to make the whole outfit.
8. Fringe bag and batik tote: A fringe bag should be there in your boho-chic wardrobe. Just make sure to pair it with a simple outfit. A batik tote or a unique cross body purse is also a great addition to your outfits.
9. Hair Pieces: Boho chic hair accessories are varied: between headbands, hair clips, flowers crowns you have a lot of choices.
Boho-chic combines organic, colourful, detailed, folk-inspired pieces with simple, modern pieces.
Some othere boho inspired accessories