When you’re looking to create a desk for home office, the options seem endless. You need something that is functional as well as stylish. Fortunately, there are a variety of desk organizers and desk accessories available to choose from these days.
So if you’ve decided to buy yourself a new home office desk, read on. Maybe you’re tired of hunching over your kitchen table or perhaps you’ve outgrown that tattered old table piece that has supported your computer for the last few years. Either way, it’s time to upgrade. But with so many options, where do you start the process of creating a desk for home office.
The desk for home office is generally the largest work area in your home office and should be designed to handle the tasks that will happen there. A desk for home office for a 9-5 corporate job will require different features than one used by an artist or writer who spends hours crafting projects at home. Think about what you’re going to be using the desk for before purchasing one.
In some homes, desk space is limited and desk height can become a serious issue. You may have children or pets who will be wandering around your desk anytime you try to work so it’s important to find a desk that fits in with your lifestyle and won’t end up being a hazard to your safety. Keep this in mind before purchasing or creating a desk for home office.
The desk height is usually determined by the height of your desk chair which you should already have picked out. If you’re on the shorter side, consider a kneeling chair so that your elbows are only slightly bent when typing or using a mouse.
Inspiring Desk For Home Office – Instagram
Pandemic has forced everyone to rethink how they work. A home office has become commonplace. A hybrid way of working has inspired everyone to create a space of their own. We looked at some very inspiring ideas for desks for the home office. Sharing a few. Hope it inspires you as well.
Desk for home office that looks stylish and functional
View this post on Instagram
Desk for home office that might look cluttered but it has everything that can make your life and work easy.
View this post on Instagram
Desk for home office that is compact and smart.
View this post on Instagram
List of Desk Organizers and Desk Accessories – Desk for Home Office
1. Drawers: Although desk drawers are the most common desk organizers, they come in several different varieties, including desk trays, desk sorters, desk caddies, desk baskets, desk trays with removable dividers, and desk file organizers. The most common type of desk drawer is an open space that you can use to store pens, pencils, paper clips, staplers, tape dispensers, scissors, business cards, and desk calendars. Some desk drawers have removable dividers so that you can modify the size of the space to fit your needs. For example, you might use one drawer for paper clips and another for pushpins. Many desk trays also come with removable dividers so that you can create different compartments in one drawer.Staying home can be very lonely. ... Try and remain calm. Listen to music, play a funny movie in the background--in the early years of launching my own coaching practice, old episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000, literally saved my… Click To Tweet
2. Keyboard Drawers: Keyboard desk drawers are desk accessories that can be used to store your keyboard when it is not in use. If you have a desk that has enough space underneath, this desk organizer will improve the overall look of your desk. Keyboard desk drawers typically come with a tray for your keyboard and removable trays inside to store other desk items such as USB drives, pens, paper clips, staplers, and scissors. Many people like to use one drawer for their accessories and another drawer for their desk calendar.Make sure you have a stress-free zone, at work (yes even your home office). ... Look for a break room.. No need for a fancy setting. All you need is some soft lighting and something comfortable to sit on. Put together a nice relaxing… Click To Tweet
3. Pencil Drawers: Another desk organizer that comes in different varieties is a desk pencil drawer. The desk pencil drawer can also be called desk trays, desk tray sorters, desk organizers with desk trays, desk pens holder & desk stationery organizer, desk caddy tray dividers, desk stationery tray desk sorter, desk pencil organizer. These desk pens holders and desk trays have different compartments for each desk item. You can store your desk clock, desk pen holder, desk calendar, desk sticky notes, desk file sorter, desk notepad, paper clips, white-out tape, stapler, pushpins, and paper clips in desk compartments.Don't work from bed. You want your bed to be a place of peace and calm, not work stress. Click To Tweet
4. Monitor Risers: If you have a desk that has your computer monitor and keyboard on the same desk surface, a monitor riser desk organizer will improve the desk’s appearance. Monitor desk risers are desk accessories that you can use to raise your monitor or laptop up to eye level. These desk organizers usually come with a desk tray for other items, such as pencils, USB drives, pens, paper clips, staplers, scissors, and desk calendars.If you work from home, especially in cold climates, you can go days without going outside. Getting a snake plant, money tree, or areca palm can make a big difference for your workspace. Click To Tweet
5. Monitor Arms: Another desk accessory that can improve your desk’s appearance are desk monitor arms. These desk accessories are the brackets that attach to your desk or desk cabinet to hold your monitor or laptop in place at eye level. Although these accessories are not very common, they do make a great addition to any desk organizer set.
” Click To Tweet your dining room table or couch. My advice is to … try and create some space between the places you are working and the places you are relaxing, even if it feels a little silly to be on two different sides of the couch.” –Hailley Griffis, communications lead at Buffer and podcaster” username=”gohoppingo”]
6. Drawer Trays: Desk tray desk accessories are desk items that can be placed in desk drawers or desk cabinets to organize desk items. They are designed to fit into desk drawers or desk cabinets that have compartments. These desk organizer trays typically come with removable dividers so that you can modify the size of the space inside, depending on the desk items that you will be storing.Wake up and get ready just like you're going to work. If you stay in your slippers all day you will not be as productive. Click To Tweet
7. Desk Caddies: Desk caddy desk organizers are desk accessories with several compartments for desk items and they usually come with a handle so that they can be easily moved around your desk or transported to another desk. Many of these desk tray organizers have rubber feet so they won’t scratch the desk surface.The most important thing is to have dedicated office space where you can CLOSE THE DOOR and have set office hours. ... I did the opposite and allowed work to swallow my home life for a while. ... Stupid mistake. Click To Tweet
8. Tray Organizers: The desk caddy desk tray desk accessory is a desk caddy with one or more desk trays. You can buy desk caddie sets that have several boxes and desk trays you can use to compartmentalize your desk. These desk organizers usually come with removable dividers ( desk partitions ) so that you can modify the size of each desk tray ( desk partition ).Establish a pre-work routine and an after-work routine. Working in the same place where you wake up, eat, and sleep can make anyone go crazy without proper boundaries in place. Click To Tweet
9. Desk Cable Management Systems: The desk cable management desk accessory is a desk item that helps you organize desk wires and cables so that they stay out of sight. You can place desk cable management systems under your desk to keep desk cords under control.
Keep a team chatroom open. There is nothing more important in a group remote project than casual communication. Not just official emails and work updates, but the ability to sit back and chat. Click To Tweet
10. Pen Organizers: The pen organizer desk accessory is a desk item that has several compartments for storing desk items like desk pens and desk pencils. Most desk pen organizers are designed to place desk items in desk caddies you can slide inside desk cabinets or desk trays.
12. Colored Printer
14. Desk Accents –
Check other Home & Decor related shoppable stories
Are you ready to create a Desk For Home Office? Do share your ideas with us in the comments below. Tag us on Instagram @HoppingoIndia and we will add your home office space to this article.