Let's borrow some style tips from the far east and add into our wardrobes some great clothes featuring the Mandarin collar. This style gives you an instant leg up in the style department and also promises to make you stand out. If you like those glances of admiration every time you walk into a room, read on!
Here are 5 things to keep in mind when you wear Mandarin collars.
1. Let the Mandarin collar be the focus of your ensemble. Instead of incorporating several elements that clash with each other, opt for a minimalistic look that will actually flatter that one stand-out feature of your outfit.
2. Pair a Mandarin-collared shirt with just about anything—from shorts to jeans, chinos and even formal tapered trousers. Don't be afraid to experiment!
3. If you want to wear a Mandarin-collared, but don't want it to be a shirt, then why not layer your outfit with a Mandarin Collared Jacket?
4. Keep your accessories to the bare minimum. A textured belt, simple shoes and maybe a pocket square is all you need to uplift your look.
5. If you want to keep your outfit cool and relaxed, cuff your sleeves and add a hat or a pair of sunglasses to your ensemble. A few simple accessories and voila! You're a style icon!
Keeping these tips in mind, choose your favorite shirt from among our recommendations:
Subtle yet distinctive, the mandarin collar will help add a point of distinction to any man’s current collection – but more importantly, the Mandarin collar is very much in vogue!