Festivals are just round the corner and you are going to need lot of dresses. You need these dresses for the festival day, pre festival pujas and parties. These new dresses will cost you a lot. So we thought about sharing outfits and accessories from Amazon that will look stylish and make your festive season all the way more special
1. Long jacket over sarees: First of all we have sarees. Drape a basic saree and wear a same coloured long jacket over it. You can buy 2.5 mtrs of plain fabric for this jacket and a narrow border or lace to enhance it. That’s it, a simple long jacket with a saree will totally change your style. If you don’t want to purchase the fabric for jacket from market, you can use your old dupatta or saree to make it. In this case, its not necessary your jacket colour is same as your saree. You can go for opposite colour too.
Here’s a Salwar Suit with Long Jacket. You can reuse the long jacket with sarees
Here’s another one
2. Short jacket with Saree: You can get short jacket made in peplum style or else you can go for straight short jacket too. Totally depends on you if you pair any kind of jacket with your saree, you are surely going to receive some amazing compliments.
3. Dupatta with saree: If you don’t want any sewing involved in restyling your old sari, then you can pair any of your old dupattas with your sari and drape it. It is very classy design, you can style yourself for Diwali pooja too. And the best thing is that it will not cost you anything. You can carry an old dupatta in any colour that compliments with your sari.
4. Kurtis with dhoti pants: You can pair short kurtis with your dhoti salwar if you have one. You can wear A line loose kurtas also if you want to conceal your waist/stomach area. Otherwise you can wear a straight fit kurti too.
5. Accessorise with statement jewellery: To give a festive look, pair an oxidised, junk, banjara jewellery neckpiece with it. Adding the jewellery piece with convert your casual kurta set into an outfit meant to be worn on festivals. You can even carry minimal jewellery like a small neck chain with it or you can go for heavy accessorise look with heavy neckpiece, rings, bracelets etc. If you spend on jewellery then it will be worth as you know that you can wear it mutliple times with a lot of outfits. So keep your outfit simple, mix and match your old dresses and spend on your jewellery if you want.
6. A line loose fit kurtis with trousers: Now, these loose fit kurtis have lot of qualities. They are super comfortable. You have to be involved in so much activities during festivals like sitting in puja or dancing, so these kurtis will help you to stay comfortable and stylish.
7. Short jacket with normal suit: If you don’t have dhoti salwars or trousers, you can pair short jacket with your normal salwar suit. Any colour salwar suit with little or no print or embroidery will work. For this short jacket, you can buy fabric from market because it won’t need much fabric. Or you can use your old dupatta or old sari pallu for this. It depends on you what fabric you choose for jacket. Otherwise, this whole concept of long or short jacket with sari is really good. This style also eliminates the need to carry a dupatta as not all of us feel comfortable with a dupatta. So replace your dupatta with short jacket.
8. Banarsi kurta: If you don’t want anything too stylish and you love classy outfits then you can get a banarasi kurta made for yourself from your old banarsi sari. In this way, you don’t need to spend on kurta fabric. Just get a simple kurta stitched for yourself and that’s it. Pair it with trouser or churidaar.
9. Simple plain or printed kurta with jewellery: In case you don’t want to use your silk or banarsi sari, then you can use printed sarees or dupattas to get yourself a kurta made. There is one problem that people think they are too plain for festivals. So, as told earlier pair banjara or junk jewellery with it. You can go for heavy or light accessorised look. This style has another benefit to it. After wearing it for festive celebrations, you can wear this printed kurta sets without jewellery for casual day outings.
10. Anarkali dress with trousers: We all have them and after wearing for few times we start feeling that they cannot be used anymore. So plan to wear them again now. If you have net, georgette or chiffon anarkalis means anarkalis with transparent fabrics. Remove the lining from the flare of this anarkali. You can visit your tailor to get the lining removed or if you don’t want to spend on this style then you can simply cut the lining from underneath and get it interlocked so that the fabric ends don’t fray. You can wear trousers or palazzos underneath. If you want you can add front slit to this style.
11. Pallazo suit: You can get your trouser suit converted into pallazo suit. Add flare at the bottom part. You will need atleast 2.5mtrs of fabric for flare. Now you can buy this fabric from market or use your old sari or dupatta for this. Also, the making charges for this won’t be much or buy the below semi stitched suit.
So, these were few redesign or reuse ideas. Pick the one that suits you. We have talked about ideas that need little sewing or mix and match. Decide which one you want and you are going to get lot of opportunities to try these because we are going to have back to back celebrations in India.
Inputs from Manika Singla [ethnicoyster.com]